First encountered in a tapas restaurant, this is a flavorful and aesthetically good looking dish. Use fresh scallops if you can.
Parts of this dish can be prepared ahead of time or could even be a left-over of another dish. I sometimes freeze the meat and the green pea mixture. This can help reduce prep time significantly.
- 1 medium meatball (could be pre-cooked from freezer)
- 1/6 cup creamed greenpea (could be pre-cooked and mixed from the freezer)
- 4 fresh scallops
- 1 piece (40 g) of Iberico ham
- 1 tbsp butter
Make four 1/4 inch (8 mm) slices of the meatball
Have the creamed green pea mixture and the iberico ham handy
Clean the scallops after a 2 minute immersion in simmering water. Deb them dry
Then in a skillet at low-medium fire, add the butter and fry the scallops on both sides light brown. Also add the slices of the minced meat ball and the iberico ham. Fry lightly on both sides too
Right before serving: make a base of the cream of greenpeas, place the meat ball slice on top or next to it, position the scallop on top of that and cover with a small piece of the fried iberico ham
Method: pan frying
Food allergy & intolerance information: shell fish, gluten
- Make the green pea mixture by cooking several green peas in water until done, draining the water and mixing them with some cream, after they have cooled down. use an immersion blender to mash into a bright green mixture.
- For the meatball use your own recipe. I usually use minced beef meat, an egg, salt, pepper, oyster sauce, mustard, nutmeg and some spice which is mixed with some bread crumbs to form a firm ball, which is then pan fried on all sides first at high. then on low over 20-30 minutes.